Friday, March 26, 2010

I've Got the Jay, Jay, Jay, Jay Down in My Heart!























I vividly remember waking up from a dream at 710 South Main when I was nine or ten years old and thinking, "I'm in love". It was a dream about the Osmond Brothers. I don't remember many of the details but I do remember they were in their Elvis-style white costumes running from a horde of girls. Jay stopped, turned around, put his hand out and told me to come with him. I had a lovesick feeling in my stomach for a very long time after that dream. I loved all the brothers but Jay was my favorite.
Tresa emailed me a few months ago to let me know Jay, Merrill and Wayne were going to be in concert at a small venue in Marietta.
I dragged poor Lindsay with me and reminded her a few times that when she's fifty, I would go with her to a Backstreet Boys concert. (And I took her to get a milkshake afterwards) I was happy. I smiled so much my face hurt. They came out after the concert for a meet and greet! Ahhhhhh!!!. They were genuinely nice and still focused on being the best they can be. The Osmonds didn't disappoint. Of course they didn't; they're the Osmonds!

PS When we were waiting in line with a mostly over fifty, pushing sixty year oldish group of women, I asked Lindsay if I should tell Jay about my dream. She replied, "Probably not". :-)

2 comments:

Tresa said...

What a wonderful post. I didn't know about your Jay dream--NEAT-O. I'm sorry that I didn't see the post until a week after you wrote it. Keep it up...you're good at this.

Leasa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.